Thursday, August 27, 2009

waura

this post is dedicated to our dear friend & neighbor, Laura, or since Maggie cant say her Ls, its Waura. She and her husband Walter, live just a few doors down and our kids Adore them. Abraham thinks he is Walter's Bff and the first time he waved was to Walter and the first time he ever said WHOA! was when they were babysitting. And speaking of babysitting, these guys are champs. They come and sit with our children in exchange for kisses from the kiddos and perhaps a bottle of wine. Since Matt has been gone alot this summer dear Waura comes and lends a hand helping me get out the door to church, bath time when I am too spent to think, and like yesterday when i lost my phone-Walter came and sat here while Abraham napped and Maggie & I went and got a new phone. Our kids adore them and their two puppies. We are more than thankful for them.
so today is Waura's birthday. She is 25, that young chick. And it much wiser and far ahead in life then I could have wished to be at 25. I think when I was 25 I was dreaming of the peace corps and hoping for a man to waltz into my life (which he did shortly before my 26th birthday). But dear Laura is not like that. They are mature and loving. They care about the poor, social justice, and Africa. It's lovely to be their friends.
Here is Laura with my babes. We went to the City Garden last weekend together. {she is always up for an adventure.} happy birthday neighbor!



3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aww, that post totally made me smile. And, I'll be honest, get a little misty-eyed.

Laura said...

Thank you. That was so sweet. What a wonderful birthday present. I love you guys. :o)

lisa said...

here here! totally agree with your sentiment about this amazing couple. you guys aren't bad yourselves. we love us some morginskys.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.