Wednesday, February 27, 2008

day to day while daddy is away

Full Day 1: Stillness and Quiet
After a wonderful night of good food (courtesy of food swap) and great conversations with an old sweet friend. We woke to a snowy day and a runny noses.
Harriet has a friend over (Lucy) and they did a good job of keeping me up last night too. So everyone was a bit tired this morning. But after grapefruit, toast with a little cream cheese, and organic english breakfast tea (only for me, not maggie) we all felt a little better.



I didnt expect it to keep snowing but it did and has, which has been a treat. Mags and I laid in bed for a while looking out the window at the very huge snowflakes. But after a few hours of hard play, Mommy got tired. So against my better judgement I put Maggie down for a morning nap. I crawled into the bed in our guest room which looks out over the porch. I opened the curtain and watched the snow until I drifted off the sleep. The dogs (finally!) curled up at the foot of the bed and went to sleep too and the house was very quiet for a few hours. Even Baby in Belly ceased kicking for a bit to give Momma a nice nap. Everytime I opened my eyes the snow seemed to be falling harder. It was a good nap! I heard Maggie awake but playing in her crib, so I let her play while I watched the snow more.


Then lunch time. Last night I made some yummy sweet tea with mint and lemon. I normally dont make sweet tea because my hubby's from NY and could take it or leave it. But for lunch it was a treat. With a wonderful organic green salad topped with strips of chicken, feta, kalamata olives and a yummy balsamic dressing. Maggie just ate the chicken part with a few chunks of cheese and some crackers. We watched the dogs play in the snow while we ate. They are now covered in mud. Beautiful.
More to mop.


More playing and watching the dogs run around the backyard getting muddy. Then attempt at nap number 2. she slept for a bit but mostly played. it was a nice break for mom though. the day has seemed extra long because we havent been able to get out.
Then it was tea time. Me with my caffefine free red tea and Mags with her fig newtons and milk. Then more play time and watching old supertones videos of daddy on youtube. she didnt really get that it was dad. so we watched babies laughing instead. she really liked that.
Dinner wasnt ready in time for her so i made some quick scrabbled eggs, toast, milk and fruit. After that she had blueberry yogurt and was COVERED in it. Bathtime!


Then we spent a while reading and then Maggie decided to take some pictures with my phone since I had been doing it all day.I thought it was pretty good that she actually got me in the photo!




Now baby is snug in bed with her steam vaporizer with lavender and euclyptus to get rid of that runny nose. I had to lay on my left side once she was down b/c bath time is getting really hard on my back and Baby in Belly has been kicking aggressively all day on my right side. I am pretty sure its all bruised and he's trying to make an escape. Laying on the left side didnt get him moving positions though...so the kicking/pain continues.

I'm off to eat my "homemade" veggie pot pie (courtesy of Whole Foods) and to finish GodFather Part 2. sorry honey, we can rewatch it when you get back. couldnt wait!
although the day as seemed super long, I was sad to say good night to my sweet baby. Even with a runny nose and molars coming through, she is such a delight!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sharon-Great post! I loved reading it! Did you move your leather couch out to where the purple furniture was so you can use that room as a bedroom? Smart! Miss you.

Unknown said...

cute pics :) last night was fun...and long overdue :)

Christine said...

Perfect day! I LOOOOVE Godfather Part 2.

Unknown said...

what a comfy post. . . loved seeing a 'day in the life.' oh. . .and i miss snow. it's going to be 75 here today!

Amy Alexander said...

I noticed you used the word "he". Are you having a boy?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.