Thursday, February 14, 2008

black, grey and all shades of pink

Yesterday the Morginskys happened to need to go out at the exact time it decided to snow. Mommy and maggie threw on whatever clothes were near and took daddy to his doctor appt.
I decided to take Maggie for a latte at the Starbucks while we waited. We went to the one on 21st near Vanderbilt. It was about 8:30ish and the work rush was in full swing. We people watched as I drank my very caffienated latte and Maggie ate a cranberry scone. Besides the guy with the hat that read, " Jesus is coming soon...Enough Said" we were the only ones not wearing black, grey or white. I had black sweats, a pink striped maternity top, purple scarf and purple hat with a flower on it...no makeup and freshly rolled out of bed hair. And of course, snow boots. Maggie had every shade of pink and her Ellie-hand-me-down shiny pink and purple snow boots. We were a pair. For a milla-second I wanted to have on a black suit and being having important meetings with steaming cups of expensive coffee. Then I realized that when ever someone looked over at us, they were beaming. Maggie in her hot bright pink, was nice welcome to the hustle of the morning coffee and commute. Sitting there, with a child who was content to people watch with me and eat her scone (and incidentally drink from a straw for the first time) I couldnt be happier and was so thankful I was tosseled and quite a stay-at-home-mom mess. I knew we would soon be back at home, where everyone else wanted to be, and making hot tea and watching the snow with my bright hot pink baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been one of those people that looked your way and beamed. I can picture exactly what you guys must have looked like, and I bet a lot of people wanted to be you right then!! =) How fun! I wish I could have stayed home yesterday to watch the snow. One of these days....

Alice said...

I was worried from your title and the start of the story that you were going to recount how one of you feel in the snow and were all bruised. I'm SO glad the morning went the way it did and not the way I tried to anticipate.

Shannon said...

Awe, Maggie is adorable. Please give her a big hug and kiss for me!!!!! I love you all!

Amy Alexander said...

I love this post! I am sure there will be another time in your life when you are leaving the house at 7am and headed to an office somewhere. But now, you are fully embracing the blessing of the present!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.