Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 2

Back in the world:

This morning started with dogs barking. Why was I surprised? Maggie's face was covered with junk from her nose. She was as happy as can be though. Nothing a warm washcloth couldnt handle.
I felt so rested this morning, which is a major accomplishment for a major non-morning person. I knew my friend LeighAnn was coming over so the morning would go by quickly.

She got here at nine and played with Maggie while I finished breakfast. After a few cups of coffee she and I were both ready to dive into food and conversation. Maggie was very silly at breakfast and kept making funny faces at LeighAnn. She babysits MAggie sometimes and does nursery at church so they are pretty good friends.
We had a wonderful time eating German Pancakes with hot mixed berries and scrambled eggs and steaming cups of Bongo Java coffee.




Halfway thru breakfast Mags got down and went and played in the living room and successfully pulled out all the folded clothes that was in the laundry basket. They are now all over the living room floor. It's naptime so I havent been able to go pick them up since the doggies and their long fingernails will pitter patter on the hardwoods....can you tell they are stressing me out?
It was nice having company over in the morning...i love cooking people breakfast. And after a day of not seeing anyone but Mags it was good to be back with people.
She graciously watched Maggie while I took a shower and got ready, what a treat! It takes little to make me feel pampered these days.

The Maggie and I headed to meet some of her friends (Amelia, Jack, Sophia, Annie, & Zoe) and some of my friends (all their mommies) for lunch at Baja. hmmmmm, good.
It is such a beautiful day today. I forgot to take pictures it was so much fun.
On the way home, despite me blaring daddy's new record and having the sunroof down, Maggie still feel asleep. One thing I love though, is taking off her jacket and shoes while she is fast asleep in my arms. It feels very mommy-ish to do that. And I can only imagine how good it feels for a sleepy baby to be underdressed and then snuggle into the crib. She stayed asleep the whole time. So sweet!

More later...
(It's now Friday)
AFter nap time we dropped the doggies off at Lucy's house and headed to Franklin to stay with my cousin. It was so nice to just lay on the couch and let maggie play with the other kids. (She has 4) After a yummy meal we got all the kiddos ready for bed. Maggie slept in a pack n play in the guest room with me.
Stacey, Brad and I stayed up talking and watching CNN and catching up. It was nice to have company. I headed off to bed at 10pm b/c I was so tired. As soon as I walked in she woke up. I should have known then to go sleep on the couch. So I brought her to bed with me, not thinking she'd actually fall asleep but its exactly what she wanted.
She snuggled in with me with her arms around my neck. She felt for my face and once she found my nose she went "honk honk" which is her latest funny thing. We both giggled in the dark and then she fell asleep.
{by the way, we are watching Mr. Rogers and Yo-Yo Ma and his family are on it. Maggie is swaying to Yo-Yo play the cello. Did you all know he has played since he was 6?}

Anyway, after I realized I could move around and not wake maggie up it was fun to have her fast asleep next to me. She hasnt sleep in our bed since she was about 6 months old. It took me a long time to fall asleep as she kept creeping up on my pillow. But I loved smelling her lavender scented hair. She was even sweet when she woke up at 1am and wanted to play. She kept trying to put the pacifer in my mouth and would pat me and say, night night!
It was cute for about 30 mins. and then I put her into the crib. She eventually fell asleep. Well....until 4:30 . I tried to get her to sleep for about an hour, then I gave up and went downstairs and got on the couch. I was exhausted!!!! she stopped crying after about 5 mins and fell asleep too.
all the kiddos woke up (loudlyy!) at 7. So Maggie and I got up too and headed home. We went by chickfila, but even that didnt make me less tired.

Later for an update on day3!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm EATING these blogs up!!! so fun. . .keep it going girl.

Boxed wine and string cheese said...

Hey, I have a recipe for German pancakes...I love them. But I usually make mine in a whole 9x13 in pan. Can you e-mail me your recipe...they look splendid.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.