Thursday, January 21, 2010

winter olympics 2020!!!

last week I took Maggie on her first ice skating adventure! We had so much fun and i was so very proud of her! Forest Park has this little quaint outdoor ice skating rink. It was wonderful! Of course, she was wobbly on her ice skates and it took us about 30 mins. to get around half of it. She held on to the edge and I was behind her holding her and the edge.
I thought for sure when she got onto the ice that she would say it was too hard but she kept going! She loved watching the people fly by and wasn't discouraged at all when she would stumble. At the end I asked her if she wanted to do it by herself and she said yes, so I let go and she skated a few feet holding on to the edge and then looked at me and said, " I want to ice skate" so she let go to the ledge and of course, immediately fell on her butt.
She started crying but when we got inside she said, "I am ready to practice again!" warmed my heart! I cant tell you how proud of her I was for not giving up! I obviously didnt get any pictures of us skating but I will next time!
ready to hit the ice


making funny faces while we waited for the ice to get cleaned


freshly cleaned ice skating rink. beautiful huh?

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Maggie looks so grown up! I can't get over how beautiful she is and her hair... Oh my! =)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.