Thursday, July 23, 2009

rest

My blog has been quiet lately despite the swirl of life going on around us. But i have felt the need to post at least a little update on our family. I am currently watching two squirrels chase each other around on our deck, maggie dressing herself in a bathing suit thats a tad bit too small, and abraham trying to climb the couch.
I am pretty sure I gave birth to Evil Canevil (sp?). A few minutes ago I looked over and saw he had gotten on the couch and had climbed to the arm rest and was ready to jump off. I hope he is like a cat, and has nine lives, he'll need it.
Despite the enormous squirrel activity on our deck, some of my tomatoes are growing and my herb garden is flourishing. It's amazing how much fresh herbs make me want to cook things from scratch and this summer we have been eatin' good.

Although its been silent on the blog-we've been enjoying our summer so much. St. Louis is in the midst of some glorious weather and we have been running around as much as possible, playing with our neighbors, enjoying all the fun things St. Louis has to offer, & playing in our kiddie pool. I had the best weekend away with my oldest friends. We went to the beach and soak in some rays, rode bikes, and learned how to paddle board. Apparently I needed to get away because Abraham started sleeping through the night! So, after 13 months of broken sleep, we have been sleeping until at least 6 or 7 every morning! I cant tell you how wonderful that is and how broken sleep affects every aspect of your life. We are hoping this new pattern sticks. Now the next step is getting him and Maggie to sleep in the same room....but we are going to just enjoy this stage for now.

Matt leaves again for Europe tomorrow for a little over a week. So today we are preparing-laundry, getting the pantry stocked-all the things its hard to do with two little ones at my ankles. I'm off to enjoy our lazy summer day- we hope you enjoy your day too!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds wonderful. I've missed your thoughts!

Suzanne said...

Hey girl. As wonderful as this summer has been, there's a big chunk of me that is so sad we missed out on all of the relationship-building that could have happened had we stayed at Gulf. Oh well, it was best for us to be here, and seeing the boys with their grandparents always confirms that. But I'm mostly writing to say that Isaac started sleeping through the night, too! So, now he's weaned, and sleeping until 6 or 7 just like Abe, and life is much more wonderful this way, I agree!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.