Sunday, May 04, 2008

past the cute point

i feel like in every pregnancy there is a threshold you cross from being cute and pregnant to being just pregnant. I think months 5, 6, & 7 are months when pregnant woman shine above other women all over the world. They are glowing and happy and still feeling great. Months 8 &9, for me at least, is when you start to slow down, the aches set in, you dont sleep very well and so cant tie your shoes. after a while,especially for short people the only place to for babies to grow is straight OUT.
so i believe i've recently passed that point. my clues are when people i dont know very well start asking when my due date is, but really they want to know if i'm due in the next couple days.
and then of course, the comments about "youre bigger every time i see you!" i still dont know why a) people think thats okay to say and b) why its surprising...since thats the point, right?
to be fair, i do the same thing, cause a woman being pregnant is pretty cool and its kinda wierd when your friends all of the sudden have a big belly right? but considering how common pregnancy is (obviously), its a bit strange how much attention it gets-have you ever thought about that?
The largest clue lately, came from my 15 yr old boy neighbor. He said the other day, "why is your baby so fat?" "you mean, Maggie?" I said incredulously (i'm she's chubby, but would we say fat?) and he said, "No, the one in your belly." With a raised eyebrow i replied, "I guess because he's growing." And then to save him from a slap from a wife/girlfriend down the road, I said, " Just for future reference, you probably dont want to use the word fat in any sentence with a pregnant lady." He nodded but seemed confused... he'll learn.

so 4 or 5 more weeks. i can deal with that. here are some recent pictures of my clothed belly to redeem the budda belly pic. i figured if you arent staring at the clothes-less belly everyday it may come as a shock, so dont worry. no more naked belly pics.
Note:my legs are still skinny. its the only thing i've got left:)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!!! Tell baby boy I said hello and am excited to see him!
Love you all!

Christine said...

WHERE do you get such adorable pregnant clothes??

Boxed wine and string cheese said...

You look so incrediby YOUNG!!! Man...babies having babies.

I must see you before you go!!!!
Please let's get together.

MindyMac said...

Sharon, I agree wholeheartedly! I'm 27 weeks and I have already outgrown all but my largest preggie clothes from Molly. My belly is just huge, and every person I come into contact with asks about it. I think I entered the non-cute zone early.

Sarah B said...

i think you were just fishin' for compliments! you look great...
sis

Amy Alexander said...

You look WONDERFUL and have definately not passed the "cute point!"

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.