Friday, December 14, 2007

Thoughts without pictures

So I realized today its been a long time since I had the urge to check my University of Tennessee email account. I went today to see if I could still log on, I couldnt. Sometimes we get so use to doing something it seems wierd to stop, even if its time (ie. graduating). I havent gotten my diploma in the mail yet, which is the catalyst to check to see if perhaps someone had emailed about it.
Somethings become a part of your life for a season and you cant imagine life without it or a certain job or something. And then things change and you cant remember life with those things.
I told Mojo today that recently I've missed working. I miss meetings and deadlines and feeling important. Sounds silly doesnt it? I liked the structure of my day, The commute to gather my thoughts. Now my commute is from my bedroom to Maggie's and my thoughts dont quite gather until about 2pm.

Things to think on during this Advent Season. These things have been on my heart. As the quietness before the birth sets in, Ask Jesus to bring with him redemption of these things:
*Current Ebola virus outbreak in Uganda. World Harvest Missionaries are there, some have evacuated, some doctors have stayed.
*Some of you might remember that I did research this past summer on PTSD in child soldiers, specifically from the LRA (Lord's REsistance Army). Well, now there is Village of Hope-a semi-new village funded by African Leadership that serves women who were abducted by the LRA in Uganda and now have children (from bring raped by soldiers). This village will create job skills and create a new home from them and their children. (You can donate online at www.africanleadership.org)
*Joseph Peabody who will start treatment at St. Jude's at the end of the month.

On cheerier note (i'm listening to Pete Yorn who doesnt facilitate cheeriness), Maggie had her 15month check up the other day...she weighed in at close to 23lbs and is 30 inches! Way to go Mags!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading about your thoughts. For some reason, I find the way you write to be very comforting. You should write stories...
Tallulah was 28 inches at her 6 month check up. Izze is 34 inches. Izze would love to play with Maggie sometime. We definetly need to get together soon.
Love to all of you (yes, even Harriet)
Amy

Anonymous said...

Sharon! It's great to see the pics of your sweet family. We're not in Big Red at the moment, so I'm freeee to look at all my friends' blogs--and my own! :) Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Will you send me an email? I can't find yours since we're not at home...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.