Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas, Christmas...Time for Cheer

It's a very blustery day today in Nashville. Makes me wish we had a fireplace that wasnt over a 100 years old and still worked. But nonetheless, we are gearing up for Christmas. Which means of course, we broke out the Christmas records. I've already listened to the Joan Biaz Noel record about 25 times. It's beautiful and I look forward to December 1st when I can put it on. Maggie was a big help this year as you can see...



But most of the time she did this...

(video isnt showing up...i'll work on it)

We've had fun making the house a bit warmer and brighter. I found an delicious recipe for cranberry scones on Martha Stewart. I love finding new recipes that dont call for alot of ingredients but end up being amazing. Banana bread with chocolate chips is one of those and now cranberry scones, although it took me a minute to figure out how to knead the dough without crushing the berries. Oh Martha. Here are some more of the house. The tree and a close up of a favorite ornament.



Our living room mantle and a Christmas Welcome.



Cranberry French doors and our bedroom mantle. Our own private christmas cheer.



And we cant forget my favorite Christmas decoration. The yummiest blanket around. I;ve been wrapped in it for about 5 days straight!


Now I'm off to wrap myself in that blanket and have a cup of hot tea, a scone and listen to Handel's Messiah while Maggie is napping. Mmmmm, Christmas time is delightful isnt? Come drop by and have a scone and hot tea with me anytime.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I just might drop by next week and take you up on that scone & tea! :) Looks lovely and cozy! Love your wreaths especially.

Shannon said...

I wish I lived there and could come over for a scone and catch you up on my life in person! Love

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.