Monday, November 10, 2008

overnight

overnight it turned winter. outside by our deck there sits a tree, that just yesterday, had blazing yellow leaves. this morning with my coffee, i also got a very bare tree. trees with no leaves make it seem colder than it really is. it seems like st. louis forgot that fall was a season. we went straight to "bundle" weather...which i like, but i missed long tshirt & jeans weather.

overnight i turned another year older.32. its a good number. it doesnt feel like me, but i bet everyone feels like this, this side of 30. i've had a near perfect day. as perfect as a regular day can be. sleeping in, breakfast in bed, yoga, pumpkin spice lattes, shopping (with no kids), & hot cocoa with marshmellows.

a sure highlight was when i was giving maggie her nightly bath. abe & i were sitting on the floor watching her play & everytime she splashed or said the word "bubble"-abraham would give a full body laugh. it made my special day even better.
friday, hubby & i are going out on a long awaited night out (with no kids!)...we are looking forward to talking without interruptions or without bouncing a baby in one of our arms.

in reflecting today on our lives, i was surprised with joy at how much i love my life. there isnt much i would change-perhaps our squeeky wood floors, but not much else. it isnt lost on me, how rare & beautiful it is to not want more than what life (ie. God) has handed you. i am a happy, happy woman.

on a less sober yet just as joyful note, i went to dinner last night with some girls from the block. there were a few bdays to celebrate so we left the kiddos to put themselves to sleep (just kidding) & had dinner together.
i think its pretty great that i have such fun friends already, when i've only been here such a short time. (thanks lisa & laura!)



7 comments:

Flo Paris said...

Happy birthday! It was great seeing you when you were here:)

Christine said...

Happy birthday, Sharon! 32 is a good number :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I totally recognize those creapy airbrush murals from Mi Ranchito--awesome! When are we going to hang out again? Have you discovered Meshugga'h's yet?

Suzanne said...

OH my gosh I wish I could have gone out with y'all. But being with Andrea was really awesome. This should be something we do more often and not just when people all happen to have a birthday at the same time!

Padgetts said...

Happy belated...tim was supposed to comment on your facebook and wish you a happy bday from me because I was running out the door to work. I just asked him if he did it for me..."No, but I remember you asked me to." Sorry! but I am glad that you had a great time.
I love the "bubbles" responce from Abraham. Can't wait for those moments also.

Thesupermanns said...

Happy Happy birthday to you my friend...May GOD bless this new year of life to the fullest. stay warm up there.....brrrrr

Ariana said...

Happy Birthday! (late) I didn't know our birthdays were so close. I just turned 32 on the 15th of November. Mine was not so eventful with a 3 week old baby keeping me on a rigorous 3 hr feeding and etc schedule, but it was nice none the less. Have fun with Alice this weekend!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.