Friday, June 13, 2008

due date + 5

{this is funny. so i am posting it. Sweet Baby Morginsky is here!!!! From the time I began this post on Friday at 2pm to the time I got to the end of the last paragraph, I went into full on labor at 2 -3 minutes apart in my contractions....thats quick! it is abruptly...}

so. i'm still pregnant. i thought for sure last night was the night. i had consistent contractions most of the night, but alas morning came and i'm still large and in charge. he was moving so much last night that i think he was trying to get out through my belly button! so i'm pretty sure he's ready too. good thing is, the contractions are still there, not as frequent but still as strong so somethings going on! my doc says she thinks he'll come this weekend, if not, we've picked next weds. to induce. the other day,my friend alice looked up when the next full moon is. we both laughed when she said the 18th cause it seemed crazy to us that i'd still be pregnant. well, thats the induction date, so who knows!

but last night's contractions were good "practice" for me in figuring out what mental imagery works for me. what i learned is, picturing a flower opening petal by petal does nothing but annoy me and picturing me riding a swell in the middle of the ocean is also pretty distracting. so we marked those of the list of "visuals."

and i also had an epiphany yesterday. i took to the treadmill and gave the "baby labor" playlist a run through. Mojo did a fabulous job-picking from Dylan, The Decemberists, Flaming Lips, Fernado, etc. They all hold my attention while allowing me to relax. Everyone needs a Mojo!
Anyway, on to the epiphany. While walking, I realized that going past your due date is like waiting for a marathon to start. Your prepared, mentally and physically, but your just waiting for the darn gun to go off so you can begin what you were meant for.Thats how this week has been. It's not been stressful or full of anxiety. its just the feeling of standing at a start line waiting for the gun to go off. It's amazing what the mind can do in those "minutes". And these days of waiting really are minutes in the big picture of this little guys life.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.