Monday, January 14, 2008

Lost Clue

So I started reading Eat, Pray, Love last night. (more on my opinions on that book later)....and I had an epiphany about Lost and the hatch. It comes from one of the beginning paragraphs....
"{The bead of strings that Buddhist/Hindus pray with} is strung with 108 beads. Amid the more esoteric circles of the Eastern philosophers, the number 108 is held to be most auspicious, a perfect three digit multiple of three, its components adding up to nine, which is three threes. And three of course, is the number representing supreme balance, as anyone has ever studied the Holy Trinity or a simple barstool can plainly see."

So every 108 minutes wasnt just an arbitrary number but because it kept everything is perfect balance, just like the number.
Lost fans, can i get props?

6 comments:

Amy Alexander said...

Wow Sharon! Nice! I am impressed with this!

Matthew Smith said...

The Cooleys have a Hanso Foundation symbol taped to their front door.

Christine said...

You're cracking me up!

The Amy said...

Wow Sharon. That totally makes sense now. I'm addicted to Lost. I didn't watch it for the longest and then would watch the entire season on dvds...but now I have to see it when its on and the commercials bite!
Glad you've joined the club.

The Puncs said...

I'm resisting the lost time of brain rot! Kill your television! Live life!- Dave Puncochar. And yes, I know I'm a freak.

MindyMac said...

Sharon!!!I have no comments on "Lost", because I've never seen it, but I just wanted to say hi! Can't believe I'm reading about your husband and kid.....aren't you still 15??? I think Molly and Maggie are about 2 1/2 months apart, so I love reading your blog and seeing what she is doing! Looks like you are expecting #2...me too! Glad you are doing well!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Morginskys blog! Our family and friends are spread across the globe and we set up this place for those that want to read about the goings on of the adventures of our family. We have lived in Nashville but are headed to St. Louis for a new chapter in our lives.